1. GENERAL RENTAL REQUIREMENTS*
THESE ARE THE GENERAL RENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF MIAMI BEACH A CAR. CHECK THE LOCAL POLICIES OF THE RENTING LOCATION FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THEIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
A. Rental Rates: Daily Rental rates are based on a 24-hour rental day starting at the time of rental. The minimum charge is one day, plus mileage, if applicable. The renter will be charged for each hour and/or any part of an hour in excess of a rental day the renter keeps the vehicle until the vehicle is returned, up to the applicable daily rate. Mileage charges, if applicable, will be the number of miles driven as determined by the odometer readings at the beginning and end of the rental. A Return Change Fee of $15 will apply if you return 24 hours or more prior to your reserved return date and time. If you return 24 hours or more after your scheduled return date and time, a Return Change Fee of $10.99 per day will apply ($54.95 max.), in addition to any other rental charges. If the renter fails to comply with the conditions applicable to the rate, including any geographic driving restrictions, a mileage charge, surcharge or other rates may apply
B. Driving Age: The minimum age to rent a vehicle at most locations in the United States and Canada is 21 years of age. Please refer to the Local Policies for specific information on driver ages at the location where you intend to rent and the applicable charge for drivers 21 to 24 years of age.
C. Authorized Drivers: The BEYOND CAR RENTALvehicle may be driven only by an authorized driver. An authorized driver is the renter and any additional person who appears at the time of rental and signs the rental agreement. All authorized drivers must satisfy our age requirements, have a valid drivers license, and fulfill our other qualifications, which vary by location. Employers and co-employees of renters renting on corporate rate plans, if properly licensed and meet our age requirements, are authorized to drive the vehicle while acting within the scope of their employment duties. See our credit requirements and drivers license requirements below. The authorized driver and any additional authorized drivers may be subject to a driver record check (See below). No other persons are authorized to drive the vehicle.
D. Additional Authorized Drivers and Fees: All additional authorized drivers are required to qualify to drive the vehicle. To qualify, BEYOND CAR RENTALrequires all additional drivers, including spouses, to satisfy our minimum age requirements, have a valid drivers license and pay an additional driver fee. However, the following additional drivers do not need to pay an additional driver fee or separately qualify as long as they meet our minimum age requirements and have a valid drivers license: (1) government renters on official orders, (2) corporate account customers on corporate rate plans, and (3) drivers/companions of physically impaired customers. The additional driver may also be subject to a driver record check and an underage drivers fee. (See below). Because the requirements vary by location, please refer to the Local Policies for specific information on additional driver fees charged at the location where you intend to rent.
E. Underage Driver’s Fee: An authorized driver 21 to 24 years of age may be charged an Underage Drivers fee because of such driver’s age in addition to the additional driver fee, if applicable. Because the requirements vary by BEYOND CAR RENTALlocation, please refer to the Local Policies for specific information on additional authorized or underage drivers at the location where you intend to rent a BEYOND CAR RENTALvehicle.
F. Credit Qualifications/requirement: To qualify to rent the BEYOND CAR RENTALvehicle, the renter must present at the time of rental a major credit card or debit card in the renters own name with available credit. A hold will be placed on the renters credit card for the amount of $500 . The hold will be removed at the end of the rental when the final charges are settled. Because the requirements vary by location, please refer to the Local Policies for specific information on credit qualifications and requirements where you intend to rent a BEYOND CAR RENTALvehicle.
I. Gasoline Policy: The renter must refill the gas tank of the vehicle within a 10-mile radius of the rental return facility and present a fuel receipt to avoid a refueling charge unless the renter chooses the prepaid fuel option. If the renter chooses the prepaid fuel option, the renter will pay a specified charge as set forth in the rental agreement and have no obligation to return the vehicle with a full tank of fuel. There is no credit or refund given for any fuel in the tank at the end of the rental. If the renter does not choose the prepaid fuel option and does not return the vehicle with a full tank of gas, the renter will be required to pay a fuel charge to compensate BEYOND CAR RENTALfor the cost and service of refueling the vehicle. The fuel charge is based on the estimated number of gallons needed to refill the tank multiplied by the rate per gallon charge specified in the rental agreement. BEYOND CAR RENTALlocations may use different methods of estimating the number of gallons needed to refill the tank and these methods of estimation necessarily rely on human judgment. Most BEYOND CAR RENTALlocations estimate the number of gallons needed to refill the gas tank either (1) by reading the fuel gauge to estimate the approximate amount of fuel needed to refill the tank (for example, one-half tank) and multiplying that number by the manufacturer’s specified fuel tank capacity, or (2) if the renter did not purchase any fuel during the rental, by reading the odometer to determine the amount of miles driven during the rental and dividing that number by the vehicle’s estimated average fuel efficiency (miles per gallon) based on the manufacturer’s fuel efficiency specifications. When renting in Canada, miles and gallons shall be kilometers and liters.
J. Geographic Limitations: At the Miami Beach locations, driving is restricted to the state of Florida. Please refer to the Local Policies for specific information regarding geographic limitations at the location where you intend to rent a BEYOND CAR RENTALvehicle.
K. Disabled Renters:
1. Pick-up: We would also ask that you call (800) 894-9547 prior to your arrival so that we may pick you and your traveling companion up, if any, upon arrival at the airport. At most locations, courtesy telephones are also available in the airport to contact us for pick-up.
2. Additional Authorized Drivers: If a traveling companion shall serve as the driver during the rental, please advise the BEYOND CAR RENTALrepresentative at the time of rental and pick-up. There is no additional charge for an additional authorized driver for non-driving disabled renters. If the renter will require driving aids to operate a vehicle, please contact us at (800) 894-9547. This will ensure availability of equipment and allow BEYOND CAR RENTALpersonnel to install such equipment prior to the rental. We would also ask that you call (800) 894-9547 prior to your arrival so that we may pick you and your traveling companion up, if any, upon arrival at the airport. At most locations, courtesy telephones are also available in the airport to contact us for pick-up. If a traveling companion shall serve as the driver during the rental, please advise the BEYOND CAR RENTALrepresentative at the time of rental and pick-up. There is no additional charge for an additional authorized driver for non-driving disabled renters.
L. Driver’s Licenses: The renter or any additional authorized driver’s wanting to drive the rental vehicle must present (at the beginning of the rental) a motor vehicle driver’s license that is valid for the entire rental period. A valid motor vehicle drivers license means a drivers license that has not been suspended, expired, surrendered or revoked and includes an expiration date occurring after the end of the rental period. The following motor vehicle drivers licenses are generally acceptable in the U.S.
1. A valid motor vehicle driver’s license issued by any state, territory or possession of the U.S.
2. A valid temporary driver’s license issued by any state, territory or possession of the U.S.
3. A traffic citation issued by any state, territory or possession of the U.S., as a temporary license, valid for the entire rental period (the court date being the expiration date) accompanied with a second form of photo identification with signature (excluding the credit card used for rental).
4. A valid U.S. military identification card plus an expired driver’s license for active duty U.S. military personnel in those states where active duty U.S. military can drive on an expired driver’s license.
5. A valid driver’s license issued by a province or territory of Canada.
6. A foreign drivers license* issued by the country of residence of the renter and additional drivers. If the drivers license in not in English, the renter and drivers will be required to present both the foreign issued drivers license and a current International Drivers Permit (IDP); or, if from Japan, a Japanese Translation Service. An IDP does not give a person the right to drive, but provides a certified translation of the valid foreign drivers license. An IDP can be obtained in the driver’s country of residence only with a valid drivers license. An IDP (or certified translation) without the foreign issued drivers license is not acceptable.
*If the foreign issued drivers license is from a country where permanent or non-expiring drivers licenses are issued, the renter and any additional drivers will also be required to show their passport, visa or other current U.S. issued documentation at the beginning of the rental authorizing the renter or driver to be present in the USA at the time of rental.
M. Driver Record Checks: In the U.S., before we will rent a vehicle and when the customer arrives at our location, the customer and any additional authorized drivers may be subject to a driving record and license check with the DMV. In the rare instance the driving record and license check fails to meet our criteria, we reserve the right to deny the rental based on the DMV report. A list of our criteria follows:
• The drivers have a valid license that is not currently suspended, revoked, expired, or surrendered; and,
• The drivers have not, during the last 24 months, pled guilty or paid a fine for, or otherwise been convicted, of:
o accrued 8 or more points; or
o one or more reckless driving; or
o three or more moving violations; and
• The drivers have not, during the last 36 months, pled guilty or paid a fine for, or otherwise been convicted, of:
o two or more accidents; or
• The drivers have not, during the last 48 months, pled guilty or paid a fine for, or otherwise been convicted, of:
o one or more accidents with a fatality or bodily injury, operating a vehicle, or permitting the operation of a vehicle without a license or without insurance; or
o possession of a stolen vehicle or using a vehicle in a crime; or
o failure to report an accident or leaving the scene of an accident, and
The drivers have not, during the last 72 months, been convicted of a DWI, DWAI or DUI.
N. One-way Rentals: currently we do not offer any one way rentals.
O. Optional Equipment:
4. Child Safety Seats: For an additional charge, which varies by location, infant, toddler and child/youth safety seats are available at many BEYOND CAR RENTALlocations.
5. Global Positioning System(“GPS”): Many BEYOND CAR RENTALlocations offer a GPS unit for use during the rental for an additional daily charge. The small, dashboard-mounted device is programmed for multiple languages and contains mapping details of the entire U.S. with nearly six million points of interest, including hotels, restaurants, gas stations, ATMs and tourist attractions. The GPS unit can be programmed to avoid toll roads.
P. Optional Services:
Q. Additional Fees: At most BEYOND CAR RENTALlocations the renter may incur one or more of the following charges and fees: (i) an (airport)concession recovery fee or off-airport access fee; (ii) an (airport) consolidated facility charge; plus, frequent flyer surcharges, and vehicle license fees which are the estimated average per day per vehicle portion of our total annual vehicle taxes, licensing, titling, and registration costs, and other governmental fees or charges on top of the daily rate and any optional products and services the renter selects. These charges are calculated either as a per-day or a per-rental charge. At most BEYOND CAR RENTALlocations the renter may incur one or more of the following charges and fees: (i) an (airport)concession recovery fee or off-airport access fee; (ii) an (airport) consolidated facility charge; plus, frequent flyer surcharges, and vehicle license fees which are the estimated average per day per vehicle portion of our total annual vehicle taxes, licensing, titling, and registration costs, and other governmental fees or charges on top of the daily rate and any optional products and services the renter selects. These charges are calculated either as a per-day or a per-rental charge.
2. LIABILITY, INSURANCE AND OPTIONAL PROTECTION PACKAGE
A. Loss or Damage to the BEYOND CAR RENTALVehicle: The renter and any additional drivers are absolutely liable for any loss or damage to the rental vehicle, even if someone else caused it or the cause is unknown, whether due to theft, fire, hail, flood, collision, vandalism, or any other cause, subject to limitations imposed by the law where the vehicle is rented. This liability will not exceed the full value of the vehicle, plus:
o Actual towing and storage charges;
o Loss of use;
o Diminution in value, regardless of whether the vehicle is repaired or not;
o All rental charges through the date you report the incident if not returnable or the return date, whichever is later;
o Any out-of-pocket expenses incurred by us as a result of the loss or damage to the vehicle;
o A reasonable administrative fee; and
o Pro-rata license plate fees, all as allowed by law.
B. Third Party Liability Claims: Unless otherwise required by applicable law, a renter and/or any additional authorized driver (and the respective insurance company of each) is primarily responsible for all third party claims of personal injury, including death, and property damage caused or arising from the use and operation of the BEYOND CAR RENTALvehicle during the rental. (To the extent BEYOND CAR RENTALis required to provide coverage, in spite of the terms of the rental agreement, it shall only be in an amount necessary to satisfy the minimum financial responsibility limits required by applicable law.)
C. Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage: Where permitted by law, BEYOND CAR RENTALdoes not provide uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage. In those states or provinces where BEYOND CAR RENTALmust provide such coverage, BEYOND CAR RENTALwill only provide such coverage up to the minimum limits required by law. In some U.S. locations, BEYOND CAR RENTALoffers the option to purchase Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Protection (“UMP”). Please refer to the Optional Protection Package below for an explanation of this coverage.
D. Optional Protection Package: At the time of rental, BEYOND CAR RENTALoffers for purchase at the option of the renter, Loss Damage Waiver (“LDW”), Personal Protection Plan (“PPP”), Protection Plus (PP), Personal Accident Insurance (“PAI”), Personal Effects Insurance (“PEI”), Emergency Sickness Protection (ESP), Supplemental Liability Insurance (“SLI”) and Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Protection (“UMP”). The per day cost, coverage, provider and availability vary by location, vehicle category and rate. Please refer to the locations Local Policy to determine whether SLI is required for travel into Canada and the cost of such coverage. The optional products offered by the rental company may duplicate coverage provided by the renters personal automobile insurance or insurance the renter may have through another source. Purchase of optional products is not required to rent the vehicle. Separate brochures available at the rental location summarize the optional products. We charge a per day fee for each day or part of a day the vehicle is rented for any optional products you select.
13. Loss Damage Waiver (“LDW”): If the renter purchases one of the optional LDW plans, BEYOND CAR RENTALwill agree to waive the renters responsibility for loss or damage to the vehicle in full or in part (depending on the LDW plan accepted). LDW is not insurance or an insurance product.
LDW does not apply if: (1) the renter uses the vehicle in violation of the rental agreement; (2) the renter fails to remove the keys, or close and lock all windows, doors and trunk, and the vehicle is stolen or vandalized; (3) the renter fails to notify us and the police immediately after the loss; and (4) the renter fails to pay the charges under the rental agreement; or (5) other exceptions as allowed by the applicable state or provincial law.
Before deciding whether to purchase LDW, the renter may wish to determine whether their own automobile insurance or credit card agreement provides coverage for rental vehicle damage or loss and determine the amount of the deductible under their own insurance coverage. The purchase of LDW is not mandatory. LDW is not insurance.
14. Personal Protection Plan (“PPP”): PPP includes Personal Accident Insurance (“PAI”) and Personal Effects Insurance (PEI) and where offered must be purchased together. PPP is not offered in Canada.
a. PAI: provides benefits to the renter and the renters passengers for accidental medical expenses, ambulance expenses and accidental death benefits during the rental. If this optional coverage is purchased by a renter, the renter is covered twenty-four hours a day for all accidents, whether the renter is actually in the rental vehicle or not at the time of the accident. Passengers in a BEYOND CAR RENTALvehicle are only covered for accidents occurring while the passengers occupy the BEYOND CAR RENTALvehicle.
b.PEI: insures the personal effects of the renter and any member of the renter’s immediate family traveling with the renter. A member of a renter’s immediate family must permanently reside in the renter’s household. If this optional coverage is purchased by the renter, PEI covers only personal effects with which the renter or immediate family member are traveling. PEI pays covered claims even if the renter’s homeowner’s policy provides coverage.
15. Supplemental Liability Insurance (“SLI”): Where available, and for an additional daily charge, a renter may purchase SLI at the time of rental. If accepted, SLI provides the renter or any additional authorized drivers listed in the rental agreement, with automobile liability coverage against third party claims (excluding claims by the renters and any additional authorized drivers family members related by blood, marriage or adoption and any other person residing with the renter or additional driver) for bodily injury, including death, and property damage resulting from an automobile accident in the BEYOND CAR RENTALvehicle, during the rental period, in excess of the coverage provided under the rental agreement up to a maximum protection of $1,000,000 combined single limit (CSL) per occurrence. The availability, cost and coverage can vary from location to location depending on the program details. Check with the rental location for details of their program. SLI does not provide coverage for uninsured and underinsured motorist protection except in New York. SLI does not apply in Mexico. SLI is not offered in Canada.
OPTIONAL LIABILITY COVERAGE IS SUBJECT TO SPECIFIC BENEFITS, EXCLUSIONS, LIMITATIONS AND EXCEPTIONS WHICH ARE SUMMARIZED ON THE SEPARATE BROCHURES AVAILABLE AT THE RENTAL LOCATIONS. See the Notices below:
16. Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Protection (“UMP”): If the renter purchases SLI, the renter may have the opportunity to purchase UMP. UMP provides the renter; any authorized additional driver and anyone else occupying a BEYOND CAR RENTAL vehicle while operated by the renter or an additional authorized driver, with coverage for injuries and damages caused by an owner or driver of an uninsured or underinsured third party vehicle. This coverage is excess above the minimum financial responsibility limits for uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage required by law, if any. UMP provides coverage for the difference between any uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage available to the renter in the rental agreement, if any, up to a maximum of $1,000,000 combined single limit (CSL) per occurrence. UMP is included with the SLI purchased in New York and may not be offered or sold separately. UMP does not apply in Mexico. UMP is not offered in Canada.
17. Protection Plus (PP): In Canada, where available, if the renter purchases PP, it will provide limited benefits to the authorized driver and passengers of the vehicle during the rental for accidental medical expenses, ambulance expenses and accidental death, repatriation, rehabilitation, legal defense, emergency road service and mechanical breakdown towing benefits, and loss to personal belongings if certain terms and conditions are met.